Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday

Hello Friends

We survived Rita’s visit to Baton Rouge. The trailer did well withstanding the 60 mph gusts. It got its experience in such winds while we were in San Francisco in 2004. We nearly left and headed away for a day or two, but the locals convinced us to stay and I’m glad they did.

With the help of our core volunteers, I was able to pretty much organize the front of house operations and clean the main lobby up. Pam, you would be happy to know, that it is way better. Finally, I can relax a little bit up there. As most of you know, I don’t do well in chaos.

The big football game that was supposed to be today is postponed till Monday, so we will probably have to get off the lot we are staying on to make room for the partiers. I guess football is a huge deal here. We have been approved to stay in the lot of the vet school on campus but it’s still a ways away and we fear it will be difficult to get around with the traffic. But things will work out, they always do.

I’ve been hounding the hell out of the gal In charge of adoptions. A bunch of cats have upper respiratory infections and I fear my monkey could get one too. They have all been quarantined, but I heard a few others in the regular area sneezing so I’m a little concerned. Tomorrow, I will take another stab at her and try to convince her to let me take monkey out of the facility.

Wow, I’m getting a little tired, better turn in. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Carol & Gabby