Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Monday

Hello Friends

The day started nicely enough, till I had a run in with the gal in charge of adoptions. She apparently doesn’t appreciate my trying to help volunteers get the paperwork necessary to apply for adoption. Now, if she was ever where she was needed, I wouldn’t be compelled to do her job. But because she is overwhelmed and and absolutely refuses to delegate it anyone else, I did try to help people get the forms they needed. Well, she made it pretty clear that he wasn’t fond of my actions and that I should do my job and keep out of hers. My temper flared, and I had Gabby collect our computer and things and we were pretty much ready to leave today. I had my cat and was ready to roll out of here. But my favorite person, Charmian (who is in charge of front of house operations) said if I go, she would go too. Then a really great (higher up) vet came and consoled me. And I cooled down and went to my first meeting. Gabby was with me for support. I really needed him beside me. I was pretty much listened to and I did give my opinion on the running of things and basically told everyone that adoptions girl wasn’t doing her job. I don’t think we are friends any longer. Fine with me! But funny thing is, she went around passing out adoption forms FINALLY!

IFAW gave us 20 Nextel phones to have better communications. I also worked with the girl in charge of operations to tell her how front of house operations has evolved since I came aboard.

Gabby helped a man find his dog today by searching the data base. The dog has a collar and had the owner’s name but because things are so hectic here, nobody has had any time to try to reach the guy. Well his persistence paid off and he picked up “Libby” Bartholemew.

It was a great reunion.

Gabby also helped someone who needed to find a place to house their 700 pound bull. He called around and found her a place, and now the Bull will be housed!

Solving the world’s problems, one pet at a time! He finished the night by getting a destitute woman some expensive prescription dog food that she desperately needed, but could not afford. Her dog gets deathly ill without it. She had pleaded to several Vetrinarian offices, but 3 were out of it, and the 1 Vet she found that had it said “sure I have it, its 53 bucks”! Luckily, we had plenty of it and were able to give some to a person that is going to deliver it to her. She lives just over the border to Misissippi.

Besides being highly upset in the early part of it, it was a pretty good day. And I have my Monkey on my lap, so who can complain?