Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A good day - Wednesday



Hello Everybody!

Meet Monkey Manos Gabbard. See why we call him Monkey! He's a scrappy looking guy. He has a funny bump on his nose that makes him appear a bit camel like. He has a little weakness in his legs probably due to being in a cage for so long, but the vets say the muscles will get stronger as he gets exercise. Right now, this weakness makes him a little clumsy, which is fine with us. We love him. And it appears he is pretty much OK with us too!

Today was a much better day. I slept in and was taken out for a great
I-HOP breakfast by my Gabby. We did a little shopping at Walmart then came home and took a quick cat nap before getting to work. When I stopped into the command center, I was told it was a little hairy out there without me. I thought at first they were joking. But I had it confirmed when I hit the front desk. It sure looked like they had it all under control, but I guess for once, someone actually was feeling my stress. It was kinda nice actually.

I was thrilled to see that IFAW set up a table outside with information on petfinder.com, directions to Lamar Dixon and FINALLY a book with really great photos of all the pets here that have no known owners. This was something I have been trying to do for over a week now.

IFAW really has made a huge difference here. I have no doubt that Iben had a talk with the powers that be because it’s very apparent to me that Gabby and I are getting much more respect around here and the front out house is getting the attention it needs.

It’s nice to finally feel that we are valued.

The night went pretty smooth, but tomorrow and Friday will surely be crazy because, Friday is the deadline for people to pick up their pets. It will be good to see pets being picked up but it will surely be crazy when 300-400 pets go back with their owners. Hopefully at least that many will go out.

It will be mad crazy busy, but it will sure be good to see people taking their pets out of here.


Talk to you all tomorrow
Carol & Gabby